Thursday, October 7, 2010

To Cape or Not to Cape

Autumn/winter 2010 is full of new trends to try out. For me the most obvious ones are camel tone, aviator, leopard print and cape. On top of my list is a cape coat. About a couple of months ago I saw one on Karen Millen website. It was a beautiful cape coat in beige with a drape effect that you could do or undo, whatever takes your fancy. So the other day I finally had a chance to try them on, the Karen Millen one and a grey cape from Jesiré. I was pleased and excited that they have my size in Karen Millen. It wasn’t always the case. Both capes were beautiful, very chic and cosy at the same time. The moment of truth came when I tried them on. The Karen Millen cape looked OK on me, but not as I would have expected. It was nicely fitted and tailored on the body and flowy on the arms. I was dissapointed. In all honesty I thought it would look great on me. But nope, it was just OK. Oh it looked gorgeous on the model on the website though. But then again, it was on the MODEL. Who am I kidding J. Next, the Jesiré cape. It was a disaster. I looked like I was wearing a sack. I know, I know cape is supposed to be big and cosy. But it has to be flattering as well. Well, not on me.  Definitely not this one. The thing is I really, really love cape and the idea of it. It just looks so stylish and snugly, perfect for the coming months. So to answer the question ‘To cape or Not to cape’, well I think it definitely is, for now. And the search continues for that perfect CAPE.




photo credit: Karen Millen

Camel Cape at Karen Millen store and on online.


No comments:

Post a Comment